- AM4 Socket
- The AMD AM4 Platform puts effortless compatibility front and center. Their 1331-pin processor socket works with AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors and AMD 7th Gen Desktop Processors. The one Socket AM4 motherboard you buy will work with any AM4 processor (some 300-series boards may require a BIOS flash). And with support for the latest I/O standards like USB 3.1 Gen 2, NVMe, or PCI Express 3.0, it’s easy to build a high-performance system that can grow with your needs.
AMD StoreMI Technology
- AMD StoreMI
- SSDs are fast, but expensive, and offer minimal capacity. Mechanical hard drives boast large capacity for a low price, but are much slower than an SSD. AMD StoreMI technology “combines” these two types of storage into a single drive and automatically moves the data you access the most to the SSD, so you get the best of both worlds: SSD responsiveness, and mechanical hard disk capacity with its low price. AMD StoreMI is a powerful tool for enthusiasts that want to improve load times, boot times, file management, and system responsiveness. It can help if you:
- Installed Windows to a hard drive and don’t want to re-install everything to get SSD-like performance
- You have a large library of files across several drives and want it all under one drive letter
- You wish the hard drive with your games could get you into the match at SSD speedsAs you add more and faster drives to your system, AMD StoreMI technology automatically pairs your most-used files with the fastest storage for peak performance. You can also use up to 2GB of RAM as a last-level cache for ultra-fast data. If you have an AMD 400-series chipset, you can download AMD StoreMI software for free.
“Zen” Core Architecture
- High Performance and Efficiency
- AMD’s high-performance x86 Core “Zen” architecture helps delivers >52% improvement in instructions per clock cycle over the previous generation AMD core. 2nd Gen Ryzen processors offer even more performance, improved with “Zen+” architecture, delivering a desktop processor on the advanced 12nm process node.
- Compute Efficiency
- The “Zen” core is a “clean sheet” x86 processor design that’s inspiring a generation of high-performance AMD computing products in 2017 and beyond. “Zen” combines thinking in high-throughput and low-power design methodologies to create a balanced and versatile architecture right at home in the desktop, laptop, datacenter, and supercomputer.
And now, for 2nd Gen Ryzen desktop processors, the “Zen” architecture has been updated to “Zen+” – a desktop processor on the advanced 12nm process node – offering increased instructions-per-clock performance.
- Performance and Efficiency for Next-Gen Applications
- Cloud computing, enterprise productivity, immersive visual experiences, gaming, and data security open up new frontiers – and demand more computing performance with optimal energy efficiency. From the very beginning, AMD engineers designed the “Zen” core to meet those demands with a high-performance execution engine, large caches, and powerful multi-threading capabilities.
- “Zen” Microarchitecture Details
- “Zen” cores are designed to efficiently use available micro-architectural resources for improved compute performance. Compared to AMD’s previous architecture, three-tier cache system and pre-fetch algorithms enable higher throughput in the cache and execution engines.
AMD SenseMI Technology
- Extended Frequency Range 2 (XFR 2)
- Many enthusiasts choose premium cooling in their systems, and 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen desktop processors can automatically reward that choice with XFR 2. For example, all 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen processors can take advantage of the lower temperatures offered by premium cooling to enable higher multi-core performance.
- Precision Boost 2
- Gracefully raises processor frequencies for snappier performance on any number of CPU cores.:
- The AMD Ryzen processor monitors its own energy consumption and temperature
- When the processor knows it’s running cool and quiet, it can raise clock speeds in precise 25 MHz steps for any application
- Neural Net Prediction
- A true artificial intelligence inside every AMD Ryzen processor employs an artificial neural network to understand your applications and anticipate the next steps of your workflow in real time. These “powers of prediction” can boost performance by steering your apps and games down the most efficient paths inside the processor.
- Pure Power
- A sophisticated grid of smart sensors that monitors CPU temperature, resource usage, and power draw brings cool and quiet operation to your AMD Ryzen processor with intelligent power optimization circuits, plus the low power requirements of an advanced 14 nm FinFET manufacturing technology.
- Smart Prefetch
- Sophisticated learning algorithms understand the inner workings of your applications and anticipate what data they might need. Smart Prefetch predictively brings that data into the AMD Ryzen processor for fast and responsive computing.
AMD Ryzen Master Utility
- AMD Ryzen Master
- Every AMD Ryzen processor is multiplier-unlocked from the factory, so you can personalize performance to your taste. AMD provides the AMD Ryzen Master utility to access this powerful advantage.
- Personalized Performance
- AMD Ryzen Master provides for up to four profiles to store custom clocks and voltage adjustments for both the Ryzen CPU and DDR4 memory. You can park cores and adjust memory timings, too.
- System Monitoring
- Accurate hardware status updates are vital, so AMD Ryzen Master has you covered with both real-time monitoring and a histogram of per-core clock rates and temperature, including average and peak readings.